Pages

Friday, August 24, 2012

Martha Stewart for Avery for Filofax

Hi everyone!

Don't let the title mislead, Martha didn't really create Filofax-related items.  However, a lot of her Staples-exclusive items can be used for a Filofax.

As I left for the US, I knew that I wanted to check out her line at Staples.  I had browsed the Staples site previously and knew what items I could use for my Filo.  But of course, there's nothing like seeing it for yourself.  And while in Staples, I was thrilled at the amount of stuff she had.  There were two full aisles of Martha goodness.  Unfortunately, I didn't take a photo.  (I never remember to take photos when needed, sorry.)

I had to contain myself.  (:  There was so much stuff to choose from.  And, knowing Martha, all of them are functional, and pretty to boot.  I had to be brutal and get only the items I knew I could use and narrowed it down to a few things.

The Martha Stewart for Avery haul.  Not big. 


My favorite of the haul is the Planner Insert.  It fits the Personal perfectly and contains 20 tabs and 50 ultrahold sticky notes.  I'm already using it in the Chameleon.  I also got some for my mom, sister and daughter.

Planner Insert


Out of the package


In action in the Notes section of the Chameleon


Planner insert as bookmark, and lots and lots of post-its on a flyleaf.
Unlined pages are behind the flyleaf.


I love accordion files!  I have a few that I use to store Filofax inserts and I wrote about it here.  I figured I could always use one more.  (:

I had previously been looking everywhere for metal bookplates but they're usually expensive elsewhere.  I was happy to find them in packages of 3 and 6 for big and small sizes respectively.

Accordion file at the back and 2 sizes of metal bookplates.

You could never have enough sticky notes, right?  Perfect excuse to get a package of these lovely scrolled ones.

More sticky notes and metal-rimmed tags.  The tags were a gift from my sister.

Lastly, another gift from my sister, a 40-pack of Note Tabs that didn't make it to the photo above.  There are 10 of each color, plenty to go around.



Like I mentioned, there were tons of stuff.  Unfortunately, I don't think Staples ships internationally, so if there's anything else I have a hankering for, it will have to wait.

For now, I'm happy with what I got and will put them to good use immediately.

Thanks for visiting!


6 comments:

  1. I don't think they ship outside the US either, thought they did and just looked and found this: Staples' catalog, Web site and US retail businesses are operated within the continental US for customers within the US and therefore do not ship or bill to international addresses. Staples delivers to street addresses (not P.O. Boxes or APO/FPO) in the continental US only.

    So I guess they don't! What a shame. There are a few of these things I've gotten (im in the US) ... They are only in some staples and not all products are on the site. They can be a bit of a pain to find but I do love the tabs too - and the colors of the other items. Wish the paper in the notebooks, fillers, etc was better though. It's kind of standard...

    Loved your post and all the pictures!
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tracy! I do remember your post on your homemade dividers, and I was sooo tempted to get some. I was lucky that the selection at the Staples I went to was pretty comprehensive, which meant I actually had a bit of a harder time to choose. (:

      Maybe they'll ship internationally one day. One can dream. I have yet to check ebay though, wonder if they can be found there.

      Regards.

      Delete
  2. You're so lucky to have the full martha stewart line available in the US, there is so much missing here in the UK :-(

    I suppose it's a little extreme wanting to fly to America just to visit the martha aisle in staples? I can keep dreaming though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually live in Manila and picked up the Martha goodies while on vacation in the US in July. I was like a kid in a candy store. I haven't checked lately but I'm actually surprised you don't get it in the UK yet.

      Delete
  3. I am in the US And have picked up a bunch of the Medium sized tabs, I was Contemplating on saling some of them to others who can't get them, Hope this is ok to post if you happen to be interested let me know. Loved your blog post sweetie and in enjoying your blog. Thanks Abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Abby, thanks for visiting here. This is quite an old post so don't know if anyone will see it. There are quite a few Facebook groups you can visit if you want to do that. Thanks again!

      Delete